Armory

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Bad last 2 nights soloing Strat for the biggest prize...

Yes a beautiful mount if your alliance, it's one that I have been craving since i first laid eyes on it. Have I ever seen it? Yes it has dropped once in a group a long....long....long... did I mention long?... time ago. It was a sad day when we rolled I went first with a 99 and the first thought was "OMG!! I Got The Biggest Prize of Them All.. HA In All Your Faces!!!!" then the last roll popped on the screen -100-... what? This can't be!!! No!! I will not accept that.. It is not possible... (well it is.. but it's like a 1 in 1millionth of a chance).. I demand a fight to the death!!!!.. , but instead I was a good sport about it and said grats to the pally that got this epic beauty.
/bows head and walks away into the night air never to return to Strat again...
/disappear

Until now.. That's right sometimes I forget that I'm 70 and wearing and carrying some purple goodies. So it is time to return to claim what is rightfully mine!!

Night 1:

I go in with no pots just a few band aids and my pet kitty(Bullet). I fly all the way to eastern Plaguelands, summon epic ram ( better if it was undead ram), ride all the way to the side gate of Strat, just to realize one major factor......I Never Got The Key To The City...... "Son of a "bleep" all those times I passed on greens with out even looking at what it was finally caught up to me..
Let me tell ya... that was a huge mood killer, but it was now or never so I decided to at least get my key, so I went to the main entrance ( known as the live side) and fought my way to the dead side.( no ... no piccolo drop for me).. Oh look its Magistrate Barthilas right at the entrance to the dead side.. One key to the city in 10 minutes.. not bad. Maybe this night will be our night...
I haven't been here is almost 2 years... forgot about the patrolling gargoyles.. ooohhhhh I hate those, they make it hard to dodge all mobs to the boss.. after a few deaths.. now I have a pattern, until I ran into the the trap door with the rats.. yep forgot about those little buggers too. They don't activate hunter traps.. yeah another death run back. I fought my way to Ramstein and put him 6 feet further then before and waited for those 5 death guards.. and waited... and wai... oh poop.. a vast undead armory all low levels beat the snot out of me and my pet...

/ hangs head in shame... will try again later..

Night 2.

Lets try my Owl and use screech to keep all mobs on it.. He did okay, still had some deaths because I kept forgetting to turn off aspect of the cheetah.. so it was a dazed run.. , but I was ready for everything and made it all the way to baron with 3 minutes left. I accidentally left the aggressive pet button on and the fight started to soon, and off I went.. I fought hard and got him to 3% and then my pet dies..... then Baron goes up to 24% and I die....

/hangs head again in shame.. I know I can do better.
Tonight I will and will continue to farm for my Horse..

until then may Baron rest in peace, cause I coming and pain is right behind me...


:)

No comments: