Armory

Thursday, August 14, 2008

to Alt or not to Alt that is the question. isn't it? I think it is.. /hrmmm

So I am kinda having a WoW dilemma. I log in now and stare at my character selection screen and don't know what to do.. I have my hunter of course ( he is my pride .. they just grow up way to fast /tear), my mage (who is my joy) lol.. and then my alts... all of them.. way to many of them... urghh..

well when I log in I just stare and don't know what to do and trying to decide is having a massive argument with myself ( doesn't end well.. violence is never the answer and it hurts../crazy off.)
I can long into my hunter or mage as I still don't have an epic flyer.. ( <--- Broke loser) . I hate grinding 80% of the time and the days I do feel like grinding It's to late in the evening/morning and I start to drift at the desk... ( you all know what I mean.. you close your eyes to blink - very long blink- and your looking at the spirit healer). "oh oh I know, do some dailies." this is something I did for a week straight and became bored of it, but I still go on and do them once in a while. so all my money goes to alts and pots for raiding and such. urgh alts word.

So here is my other issue. I have quite a few alts. they are listed below:

Alliance
50-nelf druid
46- dwarf warrior
44- gnome lock
36- dran( how ever you spell it) priest
26- dran( refer to above) shaman
14- gnome rogue

Horde
30- cow shaman
21- belf rogue
19- belf lock
12- troll hunter
and the rest under 10.

so now the question is who do I pick to play.
I want to level my druid up, but I am at that boring area and playing solo makes that area even more boring.

I could work on the other 2 in the 40's, but i just went through hell (STV) to get to 50 with my druid and doing it again may cause me to become comatose.

well what about your horde.. good question..
again all toons are at the boring spot and I just can't get myself to continue on with them.... although I do want a horde to level 70 I just can't take the barrens chat..lol

So now what do I do??

How do you all do it? log in everyday and either play your main farming or alting it up, how do you choose???

/help?..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always been bad at leveling up alts. They usually get stuck between 15-20, because that's the point where you can't just hop on for a few minutes and see real progress.

I have two main characters - a Hunter (my main main) and a holy priest (my main alt)... other than those 2 70s, I only have 1 alt above level 40. And I've been playing pretty much since game release!

I don't know how people can get so many characters to 70, I find 40-58 to be pretty dreadful to level though, and it really tired me out after getting my second 70.

I'd say work on your druid, it won't take you too long to get to 58 and then you can get to Outland!

Sev said...

Yeah once I get to outlands I am fine and have plenty of goals for my druid. 50 to 58 is going to be hair pulling( luckly for my hairs sake I shave my head). You know I go into PVP battlegrounds and every rogue that keeps me stunlocked and kills me, makes me hate rogues more and at the sametime makes me want a level 70 rogue as well, but the push to 58 is horrible.

Anonymous said...

The first step could be to pick out only one alt of each class, then only work on that one. I.e. put the secondary rogue/lock/etc on hold.

Then you can either pick the ones that are lowest, or the ones that are of a certain type. Personally I'm currently working on my hybrids.

Pick a common goal, ike 'level 10', 'faster travel' etc. Then try to reach it with all alts?

If you're like me, then you probably have to do a lot of (non-leveling) bag cleanup and prof skillupping. Got something like altoholic, then get everyones cooking up to a reasonable level, so you can throw away all the low-level ingredients, whose recepies turn grey at skill 100.

I'm avoiding the 60-70 bracket since I think that WOTLK will reduce the XP/level required. So I can spend 8h/level now, or level other alts for a bit, then spend 4h/level later on.