Armory

Thursday, August 28, 2008

WarHammer review against WoW.




VS.








So I got a chance to try the Warhammer beta and Daddy likes..., but is it strong enough to pull me from Warcraft?

The player creation is about on par with WoW, no major change, not like Conan, which has an amazing player creation, but we are not talking about Conan ( which sucks after level 40 oh and also if you don't have a UBER PC then good luck getting past 1FPS..... ) ok back to my subject before my review becomes a triple threat match.

So WH (WarHammer) has 2 sides good and bad A.K.A Order and Destruction. I read that order and destruction will have completely different classes from each other...Which got me intrigued( might make for some great PVP and PVE on both sides). They were right about the classes being different for both sides...( yeah different as in class names and spell names, but still has the same style of spells and animations) big difference huh??? yeah its like Coke vs Pepsi, no matter how you look at it its a cola.

Anyhow, I created a Human Bright Wizard first, which I gave a cool Mohawk, oh yeah before I continue I have to tell you that every race has different classes so a dwarf and human can't have the same class, getting back to my dude. I started out doing simple quests but my starting health was 400hp. Not bad. I started with 2 spells and that's about it.

I quested and killed to gain XP and level up. The kinda cool, but kinda annoying thing is that every level you get to train a spell and also there is only one trainer for everyone so no more looking for your trainer. after leveling and running around I ended up in whats known as a "Public Quest" which is in a specific area and anyone in that one spot can participate in this quest. It's 3 phases, which consist of waves of enemies for phase 1, waves of elites for the the second phase, and finally a boss for the third phase. After the boss is down a chest appears and an auto roll appears on the screen and shows your spot on the roll list, which looks like a train schedule at a train station. Who ever starts the quest from the beginning and finishes thourgh the end and also does the most DPS gets a bonus to their roll and everyone will get some kind of roll bonus that ranges anywhere from 25-400 extra on their 1 to 1000 roll. The top 3 rollers get the loot.

So there I am level 10 and decide to try RvR combat( same as battlegrounds only you can join from your map anywhere you are anytime you want) Its cool cause there is 3 battle scenarios per zone. The one I got into was much like AB with capturing areas and defending it for resources, but it felt like WoW and the Order got pwned ( however you spell that).

After the PVP action I was back to questing and finally died in the PVE zone and low and behold I respawned in the nearest town to where I was murdered brutally, that's tight no ghost running body finding fun so please hold your /crying back. However when you respawn you have a 10 minute debuff, which reduces your stamina by 10% and stacks up to 3 times, but there is hope, in most of the towns there is a healer that can remove the debuff.

The graphics for the environment in WH is alot more real looking then WoW and the characters are a little more realistic in WH but I still like the WoW character models a little better. The sound is pretty much the same, WH has a few better options for certain things like the Public Quest, but WoW has its own features that are better like more spells/attacks larger zones and better quests.

So over all if I have to give WarHammer a rating out of 10 I give it: 8.5

Is WarHammer a WoW killer? no, not by a long shot, I think that it is more like a healthy alternative if you either don't feel like playing or hate WoW or to keep from burning yourself out on WoW.

So I recommend you check it out, I will be playing WarHammer and WoW so I really won't get tired of either.

No comments: