Armory

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Magisters's terrace or Magister's terror

So I get to venture into Magister's Terror last night, that's right I said terror....
My party goes in thinking that this will be an easy hour and half to get heroic keyed.. we are in epics and this is just a regular 5 man run..
[insert foot into mouth....NOW]
yeah wow this is actually a very hard instance... we were fine with the trash mobs, the first boss gave us a little trouble but nothing we couldn't handle.
It's the second boss that was the killer, arrest him hes a murderer.. arrest him ... come on... please arrest him.... guess not...
FINE!!! /stomps feet and walks away..

So maybe we had an off night or the gods weren't smiling down on us..or I didn't have enough coffee, but let me tell ya, 40g in repairs and me becoming a shishkabob was not a whole lot of laughing style of fun involved, although I think we became very creative with trying out our own strats too... We followed all the strats that are on the web and still could only get him to 1% and then dirt naps for us all...

We started out with the tank rushing in and then we would start DPS.. our rogue would pick up the first spark, and then my hunter and another hunter then our pets, once we attack a spark, that person would stop DPS until an arcane debuff would were off, but the problem is the debuff cause 300 damage a tick and would almost kill that person. If you don't pick up the spark, it will start to AOE us causing 2-3k in damage.. which we managed to make it threw the sparks however, when Vex reaches 20% health he will do a massive AOE that was hitting me for 4k a tick and hit me 3 times and I was down for the count and so was the rest of my party... Now this AOE was hitting me from across the room( yeah I tried to be slick and run out of range, but apparently it has a very long distance reach).

So in closing don't take this run as a cake walk. It is very tough with this boss in the mix.

4 comments:

Rob Dejournett said...

haha, try heroic MgT. Plus the third boss is pretty bad. Yeah, this is hard even for well-geared players. My PUG wiped 4-5 times on regular. I did heroic and we got to Kael finally but wiped 10+ times.

Sev said...

I am dreading the heroic version of this run..

Anonymous said...

Heroic was really hard, but I did it with a very good team. In normal mode I haven't seen big problems before the third boss so far.
IMHO you shouldn't stop DPSing when you get the debuff - it increases your damage and if you just keep hammering on Vex he should be down in no time... in normal mode.

Hope I didn't get anything wrong. :)

Sev said...

My guild ran this again and we have it down to a science now. We have one dps on orb duty while the rest of us beat the snot out of him and he is dead. we actually had trouble on the last trash pull before the final boss, more so then the boss himself.